Guidelines Live 19–20 November, Olympia London
Choose from 12 clinical streams across 2 days—and earn up to 12 CPD hours. Learn from experts as they make clinical guidelines relevant to your practice. You will find out the key changes to existing guidance, and understand how new guidance will change your clinical practice.
Day One - Tuesday 19 November 2019
- Why asthma still kills—improving care quality and outcomes
- Latest guidance for diagnosing and managing asthma
- ABC cardiovascular disease plan
- IBD guidance update
- Opioid induced constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Suspected neurological conditions
- High risk drugs
- Update on latest guidance in contraception
- Menopause–guidance on management and prescribing HRT for GPs
- Heavy menstrual bleeding: assessment and management
- Antimicrobial prescribing for urinary infections
- Managing STIs in primary care
- Lyme disease
Day Two - Wednesday 20 November 2019
- Latest guidance in acne
- Setting up an eczema clinic
- Type 2 diabetes—glycaemic consequences of dietary choices
- Latest guidance in the pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes
Eye, ear, nose, and throat (EENT)
- Managing eye conditions in primary care
- Antimicrobial prescribing: otitis media, sore throat, sinusuitis
- Latest guidance in COPD
- Antimicrobial prescribing for acute exacerbations in COPD
- NICE suspected cancer recognition and referral
- Managing palliative and end of life care
- Common mental health disorders
- Depression in adults
- Antenatal and postnatal depression
Please note the organisers reserve the right to update the programme up to the day of the event.
Sponsored sessions have been commissioned by pharmaceutical companies—the companies are responsible for the title and content of the presentation, the choice of speaker, and have paid the honorarium for the speaker. The companies have reviewed the content of the presentations to ensure that they are fair and balanced and that they comply with appropriate regulations. The Guidelines Live team has not reviewed the content of these presentations.
Independent sessions have been organised by MGP without financial support or involvement from any pharmaceutical companies.
The views and opinions of the speakers are not necessarily those of Guidelines Live, its advisers, or advertisers.